Breast augmentation (AKA) also known as – augmentation mammoplasty or Boob job. What exactly is it? This is a surgical procedure to produce larger and volumptuous breasts which involves positioning breast implants.
For many women this is a a good way to feel more confident about themselves, and many folks, it’s part of rebuilding the breast for various beauty conditions.
If you’re considering breast augmentation, always speak with a plastic surgeon prior to making any move to have surgery. Be sure you understand what the surgery involves, together with problems, complications, along with post-op care.
Why Most People Opt. for a Boob Job
This is what breast implants will do for you
- To help enhance your appearance especially if your breasts are too small
- Helping in reduction in the size of your breasts.
- Fix uneven breasts or other conditions
- The biggest is to boost your self-confidence
- Also, is done for reconstructive purposes, after a mastectomy from breast cancer.
Discuss your issues with your surgeon so that you can be realistic about what breast augmentation will do for you.
breast augmentation types:
There are 2 types of implants which are a silicone gel, or a saline implant. This is something you should discuss with your surgeon, he, or she can better advise you what shape and type of implants are best for you,
What is a silicone gel implant?
Silicone gel-filled breast implants have a silicone outer shell that are filled with a silicone gel, and they come in many different sizes with a smooth or textured shell. Silicone gel breast implants are approved for women ages 22 and older and are also approved for breast reconstruction at any age.
- The Pros: Silicon-gel are less likely to wrinkle than saline implants. The soft type can give a more natural feel with the polyurethane-coated ones. Silicone-gel implants are claimed to reduce the risk of capsular contracture as well as implant rotating.
- The Cons: If a silicone-gel implant ruptures, the silicone could leak into your breast and cause siliconomas. This is much less of an issue if you are using a firmer gel. Just realize a polyurethane-coated implant can cause a skin irritation.
What is a saline solution implant?
Saline-implants which are (sterile saltwater) hence the word + is available to all women who want a boob-job. This is for any women over the age of 18. Done a little different by inserting a silicone shell is into your breast and then filling it to its desired volume by the surgeon.
- Pros Are: If the implant were to rupture, the saline solution would be safely absorbed and passed out through your body.
- Cons Are: More likely to rupture or deflate over time than silicone. They also are more prone to wrinkling and folding.
Types of breast augmentation techniques
Here are the four basic techniques of breast augmentation surgery
- Inframammary: With this procedure, the surgeon makes a small incision in the fold underneath the breast (called the inframammary fold) Photo by Wikipedia
- Peri-areolar: This procedure requires an incision near the outer edge of the areola or nipple area.
- Trans-axillary: A small incision is made just under the armpit area.
Photo by – https://bluemedspablog.wordpress.com
- Trans umbilical: An incision is made above the navel and the implants are inserted through this incision and then moved up to the breast.
Photo by https://www.beforeandafterplasticsurgery.net
FAT GRAFTING FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION
If you want an alternative method to a boob job and don’t want to take the implant route, try looking into the fat transfer method. Recent technology has been using fat transfer a method of grafting fat from other parts of your body and using for breast augmentation. A lot of patients like this idea because it can help many areas at once when beautifying your body.
With fat grafting means you can use your own bodies fat to increase your bust size and other body curves in the same process. Patients love this because it has that natural look and feel.
How do you do fat grafting?
- Fat grafting process is mostly performed on an outpatient basis.
- It starts by using a small needle to remove the fat from an area of the body where it is tightly packed, such as the abdomen or the buttocks.
- After removal, the fat is processed to remove excess fluids and then re-injected just under the skin using another needle to the new location.
The healing process:
Healing properly from a fat transfer involves making sure the fat survives when transferred to its new location. Once the procedure is done you have to avoid pressure Fat grafting recovery time on areas of the surgery you will need allow your body to heal. You may have to find creative ways to sleep to avoid the areas to aid in healing.
You will have to plan to take time off from work to recover from surgery. Make sure you consult with the surgeon to setup a surgical plan, so you can take the time you will need for recovery.
Are you unhappy with breast augmentation?
There are many that are just elated with their boob jobs, and proudly show off their latest body sculpture and swore by breast augmentation surgery. There are far more positive outcomes from people than not, but there is a small amount of people that are unhappy with breast augmentation surgery.
During consultation, surgeons try to make sure all clients understand what is involved in the process of breast augmentation, and they do their best to read what the client expects from their boob job. As surgeons we do are best to evaluate and decide whether this is a good client for this type of surgery. We never know how they will react when are work is done.
But during consultation, you must do your best to be alert of patients who we feel will never be satisfied with our work, and we do our best to see this before we proceed. From this point this will be our choice whether to choose them or not as a patient. As surgeons we take pride in our work and everyone wants the best outcome for all their clients.
As you know there is no reliable system to be able to know if someone will be unhappy with there boob job. The only things we can do as surgeons is make sure the patients’ expectations are realistic before we even begin breast augmentation. Surgeons take pride to achieve the best results for the patient to make them happy with their breast augmentation surgery outcome.