What is plastic surgery
Reconstructuve surgery is known as a surgical procedure specialty involving the restoration, reconstruction, or restructuring of one’s body. It can be put into two categories. The first is reconstructive surgical procedure which covers craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, as well as the treatment of burns.
For you to receive the top results from cosmetic surgery, you need to sit down with the plastic surgeon and discuss what you would like to achieve realistically. You will want to discuss your expectations and see if you are the right candidate for plastic surgery. Below are some questions you might want to ask the surgeon to guide you through the consultation and give you a better understanding.
A guide you could use for your consultation:
- Ask if they are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Ask if he or she is trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training does he or she have?
- How many procedures of this type have you performed?
- What are the risks and or complications associated with this procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos?
Plastic surgery history
Treatments for plastic surgery were fist mentioned in the old Egytion medical text transcripts as far back as 3000 to 2500 BC, and in some case’s there are records of reconstructive techniques that even date back to 800 BC from India.
in the earlier years it was essential for mankind to self-improve as part of their nature. I believe human progress would have come to a stand-still if there wasn’t a means to self fulfilment by improving and restoring their form, in plastic surgery history I believe this is one the worlds oldest healing arts.
Plastic surgery is more common today than ever before for personal reasons, and this has changed for the better. Plastic surgeons job is to help in reconstructing and repairing different parts of the body by removing as well as transfering body tissue in the treatment from injury or cosmetic reasons.
The different types of plastic surgery
- Head, face, and eyes
- Mouth and teeth
- Hand and upper limb
The philosophy of plastic surgeons is to show that beauty is more than skin deep. It’s about feeling better about oneself as well. Today’s plastic surgeon takes advantage of the best technology to help provide the benefits they need to sculpt the human body.
Anyone concidering to undergo the knife for any cosmetic surgery to improve any part of their body should do their do dilgence and gather as much information before going into a consultation with a surgeon. Knowledge will make you feel more comfortable before opting in for any procedure that is best for you before deciding.
Plastic surgery before and after
Cosmetic surgery once was only enjoyed by the rich and famous, but now more and more every year opt in to visit a plastic a surgeon hoping to get a tummy tuck, bigger but, a boob job, or a reshaped some facial feature they’re unhappy with.
The Rhinoplasty (nose job) is one of the most popular process in re-shaping the nose. This method is less problemsom after surgery, and recovery time is only few weeks.
Quite a few people are always wanting to have a smoother, more youthful face. Facial rejuvenation aren’t among the Top cosmetic surgeries due to less complicated options, such as injectable fillers like Botox, and nonablative radiofrequency (RF) which is a common procedure specifically for the treatment of skin looseness.
Plastic surgery facts
Below you will find some of the top cosmetic surgery types of treatments done by far the most in addition to some non-invasive types of procedures as well.
These plastic surgery facts are estimated at 1.8 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed just in 2017 alone.
- Breast augmentation (300,378 procedures
- Liposuction (246,354 procedures
- Nose reshaping (218,924 procedures
- Eyelid surgery (209,571 procedures
- Tummy tuck (129,753 procedures
Minimally invasive procedures are estimated at 15.7 million just in 2017
- Botulinum Toxin Type A (7.23 million procedures
- Soft Tissue Fillers (2.69 million procedures
- Chemical Peel (1.37 million procedures
- Laser hair removal (1.1 million procedures
- Microdermabrasion (740,287 procedures